THE GRAVETTE GYM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
All of the membership rules contained herein apply equally to members, temporary members, and guests alike.
All references to the “Gym” refer to The Gravette Gym, its staff, employees, subcontractors, agents, and/or representatives. “Facilities” refer to the gym workout floor, restrooms, changing rooms, tanning rooms, and fitness center as a whole, if and where applicable.
Members of the Gym are bound, as a condition of membership, to comply with the rules set out below. This is to ensure that the facilities are properly and safely used and that all members have full advantage of them without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
All memberships are Non-Transferable & Non-Refundable.
All members must be 16 or over to utilize the facilities and services provided at The Gravette Gym.
The Gravette Gym is a private members club and management reserves the right to refuse membership to any individual without cause. References may be required on a case-by-case basis and local law enforcement checks will also be run on a case-by-case basis. Failure to pass a law enforcement check will result in membership termination and the refusal of entry again.
Membership may be renewed on payment of the prevailing fee and in accordance with the terms and conditions then in force.
By joining the gym, members automatically accept and agree to be bound by these conditions of membership.
The gym may withdraw use of all or part of the gym for the purpose of undertaking maintenance work or any other work considered necessary for a maximum period of seven working days.
All members must scan their key fob for access to the building on each visit to the gym.
Entry will only be permitted to those with a valid membership, in date and in credit. If you have an amount due to be paid on your account, you won’t be able to enter the building.
As a member you agree to comply with the rules of the gym with regard to use of the facilities, opening hours, and your conduct. The gym may make reasonable changes to these rules, from time to time, provided the gym gives advance notice of these changes.
You may, at your own discretion and expense, obtain personal insurance for loss, injury, or damage that you might sustain arising from use of the club. You exercise at your own discretion and accept any injury or illness brought on by exercise as your own responsibility.
Members wishing to report on accidents, incidents, or problems with services at the gym should contact the Duty Manager (simply ask at front desk window) or can email info@thegravettegym in confidence.
In the event of a breach of membership rules and regulations, the gym reserves the right of admission and may reserve the right to require any member or guest to leave the premises. Any member found in breach of rules or committing an illegal act, including theft, will be asked to permanently leave the gym and be barred from ever entering the gym again.
Bank Card Direct Debit Payments
On selecting the Pay Monthly Autodraft membership option, members will be required to pay the associated registration fee and the 1st month membership fee in advance. The prorated difference at the time of signup will then be credited to the member’s first month’s autodraft that is withdrawn on the 5th of the month following membership initiation. Members are required to agree to the normal terms and conditions of payment.
This is a recurring monthly charge. Membership Fees will be debited from the member’s account, using their given bank debit/credit card, on the 5th of each month, for the minimum 1-month term from the term start date. Members can cancel their agreement and stop payments at any time, by simply completing a Membership Cancellation form located on our website under the “Rates” tab or filling out a paper copy by the front desk window in the gym. Cancellation forms MUST be received by the last day of the month in order for cancellation to be effective the following 5th of the month. If received on the 1st or after, the autodraft will occur on the 5th and cancellation will be effective the following month.
Members are required to keep their account in funds to meet these payments. In the event of the failure to pay the monthly membership fee, missed payments will be re-submitted for payment by The Gravette Gym. The Gravette Gym reserves the right to cancel membership if payment is not received. Access to the facility will be denied until said payment is received; and if payment is not received, and cancellation occurs, the registration fee becomes applicable again on re-joining. There will be an additional $10 fee assessed for any payments declined due to incorrect banking/card information or insufficient funds.
These arrears of fees must be paid by Credit or Debit card online using the Payment Link on our website or via the invoice received by text and email to the member on file.
Failure to meet direct debit fee – In the event of the failure to pay the monthly direct debit fee you will firstly be notified that your membership has been temporarily stopped until the balance is paid.
Our memberships are extended to our members as a month-to-month agreement. Any cancellation or your membership must be submitted by completing a Cancellation Form by the last day of the desired month of cancellation. Cancellation forms may be found on our website www.thegravettegym.com under the “Rates” tab or paper copies are located in the document holder by the front desk and can be handed to a staff member or placed in the drop box in the lobby, along with any key fobs associated with the account.
Refunds are considered on a case-by-case basis. If you feel a refund should be issued, please contact us at 479-287-6839 or email us at [email protected].
Lockers are provided for the use of members on a first-come first-served basis while utilizing the facility. We do not offer long-term locker rental. You must retrieve your items upon exiting the facility after each workout. Any locks placed on a locker and left for more than 24 hours is subject to being cut and contents removed to Lost and Found.
Lockers may not be used overnight. Members who do so are liable to find that the lockers are opened and locker contents removed. Removal of such items is strictly at the member’s own risk.
In the interest of safety and security, please use the lockers provided. The gym will have no liability for goods taken from the changing rooms or lockers.
The gym reserves the right to vary the opening hours as considered necessary for the proper operation of the center.
Safety & Hygiene
Throughout the course of your membership with the gym, regular health and medical screening should be sought from your General Practitioner.
Before using the fitness facilities, we offer a free basic introductory session with one of the approved fitness trainers, to ensure that you understand the equipment and adopt a safe training regime that suits your needs. The booking of this is your responsibility. If you desire further instruction, you may set up payment and scheduling with the fitness trainer of your choosing via their method of communication. All fitness trainers are independent contractors and not employees of The Gravette Gym. We do not accept responsibility for any instructions given or injuries that may be sustained during instruction by any trainer on site.
It is necessary that all members and guests of the gym wear appropriate, clean attire and footwear when using the studio and gym.
If you feel dizzy, faint, unwell, or feel any unusual pain then you must stop exercising and inform another member or staff immediately.
Members cannot train in the gym without a hand towel. In the interest of hygiene, members must wipe down each piece of equipment after use.
Shirts and shoes MUST be worn at all times in the gym.
Fitness class attendees are advised to inform the instructor of any injuries, pains or concerns prior to the class starting.
Your Rights and Responsibilities Using Our Website
Terms and Conditions for accessing this website
1. By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms you should not access and/or use our website or communicate in any way with the server hosting this website, namely, but not limited to, www.thegravettegym.com
2. Henceforth in this legal declaration, you the website user, or associated parties will be known as either “you” or “the client”. We, The Gravette Gym. will be known as “We”, “Us” or “Our Company”, our general or individual assets will be addressed by the prefix “Our”.
3. You agree that we reserve the right to change these, or any, terms and conditions, content and/or declarations without prior notification, and changes made come into immediate effect upon being presented here. When such changes are made, you may revoke your agreement by engaging with our company online using this or any website, or continue to accept such changes.
2. You agree only to use our website, and associated services for completely lawful purposes, in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by any third party. Prohibited behavior includes but is not limited to defamation, damaging the security of our website, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, damaging content on our website, transmitting obscene or offensive content or anything which may affect the effective operation of our website.
3. We reaffirm, hacking, damaging or otherwise compromising the security of this website is highly unlawful, and hence will be treated as criminal damage in a United States court of law.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
1. Our websites content, is provided on a “As-Is” and on an “voluntary access” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty whether express, implied or statutory of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
2. Our company will not be liable for any damages, including consequential damages, or any damages arising from the loss of use, interruption of trade, financial loss or damages, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of our website.
3. We refuse to accept any responsibility for the failure and/or actions of third parties, and content and communication interception which may occasionally occur using our website or associated services.
1. Any third-party content hosted or otherwise presented on our website is copyright of its respective owners. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage in transmission of such content and in turn do not accept any liability for how content may be misused by our website’s users.
1. Our company not responsible for the availability or content of any third-party websites or material accessed through the our website. We purposely do not monitor third-party content available through third-party websites and/or links as a disclaimer of liability for such content.
2. Our company does not endorse, and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third-party sites. Third-party sites linked through our website are not covered by our terms of service, and hence you must review their policies appropriately.
Disclaimer Of Liability For Legal Declarations
1. If any provisions of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, outdated, less legally preferable in a legal action or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect. We refuse to accept liability for parties who do not make us openly aware of faults and later deny such observations in legal action – Access our website at your own, sole risk and liability without exception.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States of America.